Saturday, November 20, 2010

In the Season Nov. 19, 2010

roomHeader
Here are the craft projects I presented on In the Season yesterday.  If you’d like to see the tutorials on how to make them, check out the replay link:  http://www.linqto.com/PlaybackRoom.aspx?roomname=creativeedventures&name=SingleExplicit_2010_11_19_10_58_32_914
spool2pic
These ornaments are made from vintage wooden spools and vintage bottle caps.  I left them unpainted because I liked the natural wood showing through.  I used some scrapbooking paper scraps and images I had on hand here.  I have purchased image sheets from a variety of places but these are some of my favourites:
Teesha Moore http://www.teeshaslandofodd.com/1/temp.html (the image used on the blue spool is a Teesha Moore)
http://www.backyardcards-gifts.com/ (this site is currently being moved but they have some great images…I bought some CDs filled with images from them)
There are also a few free, copyright free sites that I like to use for images as well:
I’m sorry I can’t tell you specifically where I got the Madonna and Child image from.  It’s been in my computer for about 10 years and I just can’t find the source for it.
snow1pic
I also made snowflakes out of popsicle sticks (no I didn’t eat all these popsicles!…these are craft sticks purchased at Michaels).  The original instructions I saw someplace online last year called for using a protractor and measuring all the angles to be sure they were all 30 degrees but I’m more of a “wing it” kinda girl so I just eyeballed it.  If you look really closely, you can see that it’s not perfectly even but I think they look great anyway.  I’ll be making more of these and painting some blue, some white, and some silver to match my decor.  Glitter and rhinestones may also make an appearance.
snow2pic
The top snowflake is about 2 feet across and the smaller one is about 1 foot across.  They’re quite quick and easy to make and I think they’ll look really pretty from both the inside and out hanging in my big picture window in my living room.
Check out the video for all the details on how to make these projects:  http://www.linqto.com/PlaybackRoom.aspx?roomname=creativeedventures&name=SingleExplicit_2010_11_19_10_58_32_914

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...