Friday, April 22, 2011

Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In

By Cyn Gagen

sun1pic

This past Monday on In the Zone, our show theme was once again the #1 Billboard Hit for this week in 1969, Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In.  I decided to create a craft that would be great to do with kids.  I can see it being done at camps, Vacation Bible School, Scouts, or at school.

sun2pic

This fun mobile was also my first project from the Dollar Store Crafts Stashbusting Challenge.  The sun is made from yellow and orange craft foam from my own stash.  I used one of the SmArt Foam Markers from Creative Hands (also from the Dollar Store Crafts package) to draw the face on the sun, and then outlined it with yellow pompoms that I had on hand and outlined the rays with orange chenille stems (or as they call them, “Fuzzy Sticks” from Creative Hands, also in my package).  By the way, I was SUPER impressed with these products from Creative Hands.  The “Fuzzy Sticks” are the nicest quality chenille stems I’ve ever worked with – some are sparsely covered but these are thick and soft and lush.  The markers work so beautifully on craft foam (as promised).  They give good coverage and don’t smudge.

sun3pic

The cloud is made from white craft foam that was in the Dollar Store Crafts package.  I added some texture and dimension with white pompoms from my own stash.  Then I dangled some pieces of ribbon onto which I had strung some pony beads in each of the colours of the rainbow down from the cloud.  The ribbon and pony beads were items that I had on hand.

If you missed the live show and would like to watch the replay, just follow the link:  http://www.linqto.com/PlaybackRoom.aspx?roomname=creativeedventures&name=SingleExplicit_2011_04_18_19_59_38_627

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...