Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Today during Come2Chat Time!

Today during our chat time, I shared a few of the background techniques that I love to use and referenced some of my favourite technique books.  The books I showed, which are pretty much my “bibles” as far as mixed media work goes, are:
Collage Discovery Workshop by Claudine Hellmuth
Collage Discovery Workshop: Beyond the Unexpected by Claudine Hellmuth
Artist Trading Card Workshop by Bernie Berlin
Collage Unleashed by Traci Bautista
Taking Flight by Kelly Rae Roberts
cracklesmallpic
One of the techniques I showed today was a crackle method using Elmer’s glue.  The picture above is of the smaller crackle while the one below is of the larger crackle.
cracklebigpic
Both of these crackle methods are from Claudine Hellmuth’s Collage Discovery Workshop: Beyond the Unexpected.
vaselinepic
This is a peeled paint technique using Vaseline.  This one comes from Claudine’s Collage Discovery Workshop. (can you tell I’m a HUGE Claudine fan?  I get to go take some workshops from her IN PERSON in May!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...